The purpose of the Second Global Summit on Food Fortification Launch Event is to mobilize high-level political will to pursue the unfinished agenda on large scale fortification and biofortification and to demonstrate high-level attention and commitment to the fortification agenda across sectors and stakeholders.
The high-level launch event will:
- Highlight for a large global audience the significant untapped potential of large-scale fortification and biofortification and the urgency of closing this gap to combat rising malnutrition during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond;
- Celebrate Progress – focusing on salt iodization as an inspiring global success story with lessons relevant to the fortification unfinished agenda and India as a country that has made significant progress in the 5 years since the first global summit on food fortification in 2015;
- Present the fortification Unfinished Agenda, including key barriers that must be tackled and promising solutions that should be pursued to ensure that large-scale and biofortification maximize their impact;
- Promote the Food Systems Summit and N4G as key opportunities to mobilize support for food fortification;
- Celebrate national progress, and identify key challenges and actions to address them;
- Call on global and national leaders to do more to accelerate progress on large scale and biofortification.
Show more about the programmeShow less about the programme
*The Summit Series takes place predominantly online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A single event was originally planned to take place in Bangkok, Thailand in March 2020.