GAIN is committed to creating websites that are accessible to all, regardless of technology or ability. We strive to meet worldwide standards for developing and maintaining accessible websites, while also providing a visually rich user experience.
This website endeavours to conform to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). We made every effort to build web pages that meet level "AA" for WCAG 2.0 compliance.
Here are some of the actions taken to ensure that our web pages are easily accessible by all users, including people with disabilities:
- All pages use valid, structured, semantic HTML5.
- We use appropriate tags to distinguish content headings, listings, tables, etc. so that users can access this website with assistive technology.
- All images are accompanied by a text-based alternative, so that screen readers can read alternate text content.
- Wherever feasible, we provide a text-based alternative to audio and video content.
- We strive to keep the colour contrasts as per WCAG’s recommendations.
- All of our web pages allow users to increase or decrease the size of the page without loss of content or function.
- We usually provide the expanded form of an abbreviation the first time it occurs within a web page.
- Links are generally written to make sense out of context.
- All fields in our forms are clearly labelled.
- All the main pages can be accessed through the sitemap.
- We test our web pages to display correctly on most recent versions of Apple Safari, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.
For additional information on web accessibility, visit the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) website or watch the video introduction to web accessibility and W3C standards.