The Governments of Canada and Bangladesh, in partnership with the Government of Japan and with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, cordially invite you to the launch of a Nutrition for Growth (N4G) Year of Action taking place on December 14, 2020 from 9:00 to 11:00, EST.
The event will showcase new policy and financing commitments to nutrition from a range of stakeholders and will formally launch a Nutrition For Growth Year of Action, that includes milestone events leading up to the Summit in Tokyo in late December 2021.
Appearances from global nutrition champions include:
- Henrietta H. Fore, Executive Director of UNICEF;
- Melinda Gates, co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation;
- Agnes Kalibata, UN Secretary General's Special Envoy for the Food System’s Summit;
- Gerda Verburg, United Nations Assistant Secretary General and Coordinator of the SUN Movement;
- Andrew Morley, CEO World Vision International;
- Lawrence Haddad, Executive Director, GAIN on behalf of the Standing Together for Nutrition
- Saskia Osendarp, Executive Director, Micronutrient Forum
- and many more.
A United Nations Call to Action (2020) predicted that without timely action, the COVID-19 pandemic would result in dramatic increases in wasting. We know that women and girls will suffer some of the worst consequences of economic disruptions and reduced nutrition services. Recommitting to nutrition as a central component of COVID response and recovery, and as a long-term development priority, is the only sure way to deliver on the World Health Assembly Nutrition Targets and the Sustainable Development Goals. The time to act is now!
We look forward to your participation so that we can recommit, together, to delivering on our collective ambitions for a world without malnutrition!