Ensuring accessible, healthy food for all is crucial for sustainable development. Today’s food system implies a global inequality, with some getting too much high in energy food, while others getting too little food of poor nutritional quality.
Consuming a healthy diet throughout life helps to prevent malnutrition in all its forms as well as a range of noncommunicable diseases and conditions. However, increased production of processed foods, rapid urbanization and changing lifestyles have led to a shift in dietary patterns. We must do something drastic to change this development and here the long Danish experience of working with partnership models may contribute positively.
As far back as the 1960s, the Nordic neighbours have collaborated on common nutritional recommendations (NNR) and established food labels that can help the consumer make the healthier choice when standing in the supermarket. As science continues to unravel the links between diet and health, new ingredients, food products and solutions are building a platform for healthier lifestyles.
How do we ensure healthy food and food solutions that can heighten the nutritional value for a growing global population?
Join the event in connection with COP26 where one of the Sustainability Governing Principles is to encourage healthy living.
At the Global Food Talk you will gain knowledge on game-changing solutions, scalable actions and partnership models for healthy, sustainable development, be inspired by international stakeholders focusing on the securement of nutritious food for all and become motivated to take action towards the 2030-agenda.
- H.R.H. Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
- Rasmus Prehn, Minister of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries
- David M. Beasley, Executive Director, World Food Programme
- Charlotte Pedersen, Senior Advisor, GAIN Nordic
- Per Christiansen, Deputy Director General (Innovation) Danish Veterinary and Food Administration
- Pernille Bang-Löwgren, CEO, Lantmännen Schulstad A/S
- Erik Wiberg-Lyng, President of Ingredients Platform in the global biotech company International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF) and chairman of The Danish Food and Drink Federation.