We are launching The Zero Hunger Private Sector Pledge on Tuesday, September 21. This is a unique opportunity for companies and investment funds to align their investments with new evidence and commitments by donors, governments, and global institutions to end hunger and nourish the future by 2030.
A world without hunger is possible, but it is time to take action! Governments cannot do it alone.
More private sector investment is needed, so we are looking to the private sector to do their part in contributing - and also inspiring other players to act. The ground-breaking Ceres2030 report - reinforced by the Program of Accompanying Research for Agricultural Innovation (PARI) and The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2021 (SOFI) reports - emerged from the UN Food Systems Summit’s Coalition of Action for Zero Hunger and draws a 10-year roadmap to reverse the downward hunger spiral.
The Zero Hunger Private Sector Pledge Launch will welcome the first champions. We will hear how they are partnering with governments, donors, and global and local institutions to drive more effective private investments and how their pledges will contribute to national food systems pathways.
The pledge is being supported by a network of partners, including the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), Grow Africa, Grow Asia, the World Benchmarking Alliance, the World Food Programme, the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and Cornell University.
For further information on this initiative please consult the related project page.
- Agnes Kalibata, President, AGRA and UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy to the 2021 Food Systems Summit
- David Beasley, Executive Director, WFP
- Peter Bakker, President and CEO, WBCSD
- Qu Dongyu, Director-General, FAO
- Caroline Keelings, CEO, Keelings
- Nnaemeka Ikegwounu, Cold hubs/The Smallholders Foundation
- H.E. Ambassador Josefa Sacko, Commissioner for Rural Economy and Agriculture of the African Union Commission (rep by Dr Godfrey Bahiigwa)
- Thierry Nohasiarivelo, Coordinator, SBN Madagascar
- HE Mr Désiré M’zinga Birihanze, Minister of Agriculture of DRC
Date / Time: Wednesday, September, 21 from 10:00 - 11:30 EST
Interpretation in English- French and Spanish will be available.
The event's agenda can be found here.
More information on the Zero Hunger Pledge can be found here.
If you are a company and you would like to be part of the official launch on 21 September 2021 please fill in your pledge by midnight CET on Sunday 19 September 2021. Companies can pledge at any time and can pledge multiple times. This initiative will end on 31 December 2030