This session will feature a multi-sectoral panel from across Action Tracks and Innovation Levers focused on the challenges and opportunities for more and better data, more useful data, and more data use for food systems transformation. It will feature a moderated panel discussion followed by an open Q&A.
The organizers will be hosting a workshop on August 12 where those who have and/or want data are invited to participate and co-design a potential foundational infrastructure that could be shared across organizations. We hope the panel session will inspire creative thinking about what can be possible to use resources efficiently and increase the ability to share data and analysis tools easily and securely. We hope those who attend this session may be interested to bring their own data/tools or data/analysis need use case to the August workshop.
Hosts: Johns Hopkins University
Moderator: Dr. Jessica Fanzo, Vice Dean and Professor, School of Advanced International Studies, Berman Institute of Bioethics, and Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University
Presenter and August workshop lead: Emily Ma, Head, Food for Good, Google
- Tanuja Rastogi, Director of Advocacy & Communications, The Micronutrient Forum
- Dana Gunders, Executive Director, ReFED
- Kari Armbruster, Manager, Zero Hunger Zero Waste, Kroger
- Helena Leurent, Director-General, Consumers International
- Tom Dienya, Head of Agricultural Statistics Unit, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries & Cooperatives, State Department for Crops Development and Agricultural Research, Kenya