The Nutrition Society in cooperation with The Nutrition Society Irish Section are pleased, as hosts, to invite to the 13th European Nutrition Conference, Federation of European Nutrition Societies (FENS) 2019 in Dublin, Ireland.
The conference will take place from 15 – 18 October 2019 in the Convention Centre Dublin, Ireland.
The conference is held once every four years, and is the premier European meeting within nutritional science for nutrition scientists and researchers, bringing together nutrition and health professionals from across Europe.
This year the conference will present European perspectives on "malnutrition in an obese world". With increasing rates of non-communicable diseases globally alongside the persistent presence of nutritional deficiencies and undernutrition, the conference will take a wide-ranging approach to the topic.
Over 90 sessions have been scheduled across the packed four-day conference programme with a focus on five themes:
- The determinants and drivers of malnutrition across the life-course,
- Novel technologies for dietary assessment,
- An exploration of current metabolic perspectives,
- The food environment, and
- Other emerging issues.
A range of leading researchers, organisations and institutions from across the world will present cutting-edge research on topics as diverse as the microbiome, chrononutrition, nutritional reductionism, and nutrigenetics.
Different perspectives will cover the genetic, molecular and cellular aspects of malnutrition, metabolism and physiology, and the epidemiological evidence, in addition to exploring the policies, practices and behaviours implicated in designing successful interventions.
Over 2,500 delegates from across the UK, Europe and further afield are expected to attend, along with representation from European nutrition societies.
Exploring subjects and research findings that are both topical and wide-ranging, attending the conference will:
- Broaden the scope of delegates’ knowledge on malnutrition and emerging areas of nutrition research and innovation
- Provide valuable Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for nutritionists, dietitians, healthcare professionals and public health practitioners
- Provide an opportunity to hear from topic experts from around the world
- Meet, talk and network with peers from Europe and beyond
And of course, attending the FENS 2019 conference is a chance to visit Dublin, Ireland’s vibrant capital city with plenty to see and do!