On 15 and 16 November 2019, the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) will launch its second Student Challenge in collaboration with different Dutch higher educational institutions. For two days, 50 students will work in interdisciplinary teams to develop a solution to one of GAIN’s present-day projects.
With this student challenge, GAIN seeks to reach out to students from all study backgrounds to raise awareness about food systems and nutrition: the students will work in small, mixed teams on one of GAIN’s current projects. The aim is to develop sustainable and innovative solutions to improve the food system. Students’ solutions might be implemented in the field.
|WHEN||15 and 16 November 2019 (incl. overnight stay)|
|WHERE||Hostel in Arnhem (the Netherlands)|
|ADMISSION||Max. 50 Bachelor’s (last year) and Master’s students enrolled in Dutch universities (HBO and WO). All study backgrounds are welcome.|
|REGISTRATION||Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16 September 2019. Please include your name, year and title of your current studies, and the name of your university|
DURING THE STUDENT CHALLENGE “BETTER FOOD. FOR ALL.”, STUDENTS WILL
- Learn about (the challenges of improving) nutrition and the international food system.
- Learn about the activities of a global non-profit organisation by working on a real project.
- Receive expert advice to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Learn to pitch a solution to a professional jury.
- Meet (international) students from all over the Netherlands and connect with food and nutrition professionals.
- Have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions that will be shared with GAIN’s project team and may be implemented on the ground.
For more detailed information, download the full brief and flyer below. Curious about last year’s student challenge? Watch the aftermovie!
For more information on the GAIN student challenge 2019: Better food. For all., contact us at email@example.com