Applications are now open for the 2018 First Innovation Accelerator Foods Program in Kenya!
This accelerator program, organized by GAIN’s Marketplace for Nutritious Foods in Kenya, aims at supporting businesses that have the potential to increase the production and consumption of nutritious foods in the local market.
The goal of GAIN’s Marketplace for Nutritious Foods program is to increase the production, marketing, and availability of more safe and nutritious foods by promoting innovation and catalysing private sector engagement. There are three strategies in place to help these businesses access to more knowledge, a better network and technical assistance, as well as more funding. These are:
- A Community of Practice for knowledge and networking;
- Innovation Accelerator to evaluate and provide advanced financial support and technical services to businesses showing the greatest potential for positive nutritional impact and business strength
- Links eligible businesses with potential investors for further investment.
Businesses that get through the eligibility criteria and prove their potential to The Marketplace for Nutritious Foods will be awarded with one or both of the following awards:
- Technical assistance and training (typical award value: USD $5,000 to 20,000)
- Financial grants (typical award value: up to $90,000)
The call for proposals is open to Kenyan companies.
Published 24 January 2018